Health and Safety Manager
|Our Client is seeking to recruit a Health and Safety Manager for their Manufacturing Operation based in Kildare. The company is involved in the Food Manufacturing Sector. Duties will include:
To promote good health, safety and environmental practices throughout the site.
• Ensure that Fire Plans and Fire Risk Assessments and Business continuity plans are produced and kept up to date to reflect changes in personnel or process.
• Develop and monitor Risk Assessments and make recommendations to ensure a safe effective work place.
• Review and update safety statement.
• Conduct daily COVID-19 audits.
• Conduct GA1 checks on all ladders, steps and podiums.
• Review and develop health and safety procedures in keeping with best practice and company Policy.
• Maintain a record of accident, analyse trends and take remedial action where necessary to improve or reduce accidents /injuries.
• Investigate accidents or near-misses. Prepare accident reports including recommendations to prevent recurrence.
• Liaising with head office regarding any accidents or dangerous occurrences
• Liaising with relevant authorities and bodies such as the HSA etc as necessary
• Report Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences in line with RIDDOR reporting.
• Ensuring all contractors, third parties and visitors are compliant with H&S requirements of the site
• Conducting internal audits and ensuring the site is audit ready at all times.
• Assist and support operational managers in the preparation of risk assessments and safe working procedure.
• Identify opportunities for continuous health, safety and environmental improvement.
• Conduct health and safety induction training.
• Identifying site H&S training needs and deliver training sessions for employees and management as required.
• Must have a recognised health and safety qualification.
• Sound knowledge of H&S legislation, policies and procedures.
• Two years H&S Management Experience
• Ability to produce Monthly KPI Reports.
• Ability to create a positive and safe environment for the site.
• Work as part of the site leadership team.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Working knowledge of MS Office applications.
• Previous experience in the food manufacturing sector is beneficial but not essential.
• Train the trainer qualification (training delivery and evaluation).
• Manual Handling Instructor and Forklift Instructor qualifications would be beneficial.
• Attractive Salary package available for suitably qualified candidate.
CV to email@example.com or phone: 0578661600